A Parish Plan takes a hard look at the local area and community, identifying strengths, facilities, services, assets and opportunities as well as problems and threats. It sets out a vision for the future of the parish and outlines how it wants to achieve that vision through an Action Plan.
The whole community should be involved in the planning process and the plan will take shape through this involvement.
Parish Plans often involve:
• A steering group of community representatives guiding the process and working groups leading on issues that have been prioritised
• Surveys of households and businesses
• Public events such as workshops
• Creation of an Action Plan and ongoing review of progress
• Publication and sharing of the Parish Plan document